Today, the generation of solar energy is one of the most sustainable methods of generating power. Solar energy is green energy that is most beneficial to the environment. Solar power systems generate electricity without causing any emissions. Most of the electricity produced today is generated by burning fossil fuels. Solar power technology has been in use for several decades now and its viability has been proven time and again. With new development in technology, solar energy systems have become more cost-efficient than ever before.
Negatives Of Other Sources Of Energy
Nuclear Technology – Nuclear reactors have both policy challenges and negative environmental effects compared to solar energy systems. Nuclear reactors produce harmful waste materials that pose threat to all living creatures and so far a safe nuclear waste storing facility has not yet been devised.
Hydroelectric Power – Hydroelectric dams may not emit greenhouse gasses, but they have a devastating effect on the ecosystem surrounding the water bodies where they are built.
Solar Energy – Natural Source of Energy
* Solar energy is a natural source of energy, which is renewable and sustainable that cannot be said for the traditional sources of energy.
* Solar energy doesn’t make any contribution to global warming because solar power systems don’t release carbon dioxide or any other emissions into the atmosphere.
* Using solar energy in residential and commercial settings means reduction ion transportation of fuel for heating purpose.
* the installation costs of solar energy systems may be high, but the cost of producing solar electricity is zero. Sunlight is available for free and once the solar power systems are installed you don’t have to bear any costs for generating electricity from sunlight.
* Based on the size of the solar energy system that you install, the energy bills can be cut down considerably or all together. If you are already using gas heating, then your savings would be much higher. And, with the reduction in supply and increase in the price of fossil fuels installing solar power systems means you are looking forward to huge cost savings.
* Governments offer incentives for using solar energy in your home or business. The type of incentives can be in the form of tax deductions, rebates or loans and depend on more on where you live.
Independence and Self Sufficiency
*you don’t have to be without power when there is a power outage. If you live in an area with sufficient amount of sunlight, you would find solar power to be a reliable and constant source of electricity.
* Solar power is a boon for those who live in remote areas where power lines can’t be drawn. So, if you live in an area that doesn’t have a connection with the electric grid, solar energy is going to prove to be your best friend.
* Once solar panels are installed, you don’t have to give the system much maintenance inputs. In addition, there are no types of recurring costs.
The fact that sunlight gives the earth more energy in one hour than what the world consumes in a year makes solar energy an untapped and a massive source of free energy. It is for this reason that governments around the world are busy finding economical solar power technology to tap this source of energy that will more than meet the global energy demand.